Have you ever noticed how it takes a tragedy for some to be reminded that life is short? That phrase is thrown around so often that it seems to lose its' meaning. No matter how often it is said, that phrase is simply true...life is short. Years can fly by so fast that it will make your head spin! In this worldwind...who wants to waste time festering on the small things that can make your funky mood last for days or even longer! If you are in a complete funk or just having one of the days, don't waste another minute! We have the remedy to boost your attitude immediately!
1. Listen to music! Music can have a powerful influence over your state of mind. So the next time the traffic has you ready to throw someone the finger...turn on your that song that always get you hyped and get your boogie on!
2. Do something spontaneous! It is easy to get caught up in lifes' daily routines, which could leave you with a serious 'tude by Friday. Doing something as simple as going for yogurt on a Wednesday evening could be just the change you need to boost your mood.
3. Go outside. Research has shown that taking in rays from the sunlight for only a few minutes increases your levels of Vitamin D. Vitamin D helps sustain serotonin, which is a basically a feel good hormone. So go out and get high off of the sun!
4. Look for the silver lining. Life is full of ups and downs, for sure, but everything has a silver lining somewhere. It is easy to focus on the worst things about a situation. Finding the positive isn't always easy so you may have to write down the pros and cons of the issue to help you. The silver lining is there..find it and focus on that!
5. Get a quickie! Studies show that sex can greatly improve a persons mental health. Having a bad day at work? Meet your honey at home for lunch instead of a restaurant! The second half of your workday won't be the same!
6. Let it go! Don't sweat the small stuff! When you find yourself in one of those moods, ask yourself "Is this issue worth wasting my time and energy on it?" Most of the times...it isn't. Don't sweat the small stuff...let it goooo! let it goooo! (in my best Idina Menzel voice)
7. Make someone else smile! Think you have it bad? Try volunteering at a homeless shelter or disability facility. Your situation could be worse, right?
8. And our last and most important mood lifter is...RETAIL THERAPY!!!! Picking up a few things for yourself (without blowing your savings) will give you that instant boost!
Shop now at Blue Labels Boutique right now to cure your case of the blues!!! What do you do lift your mood?