If you have never tried a spin class the thought of sitting on a bike in a cold, dark room may seem like crazy talk but it is actually a fun workout! As an avid spinner, I must warn you that it is addictive! If you want a calorie torching, stress busting, workout then keep reading! A few months back I decided to save a few bucks and to avoid the stress of traffic by quitting the gym and getting a cycling back at home. Although summer is a little more than a week away, you still have time to spin your way into a summer body with plenty of sunny days left! Here are some quick tips:
- Aim for at least 45 mins. If that's too much, then start with 20 minutes and work up to it.
- Look in the mirror while cycling, it you can to keep you focused.
- Stay hydrated. You will definitely need that water bottle!
- Play upbeat music! It helps keep your pace and motivation up!
- Use the knob to turn up the intensity. The higher the intensity, the more calories you will burn. As a rule of thumb, crank up the intensity each time the chorus (or hook) plays during a song.
- Have fun. A workout if meant to be fun so make the most of it!
Need some playlist ideas?! Here's what I'm working out to right now!
- Partition by Beyonce
- Loyal by Chris Brown feat. Lil Wayne & Tyga
- Type Of Way by Rich Homie Quan
- Happy by Pharrell Williams
- Turn Down For What by DJ Snake & Lil John
- Drunk In Love by Beyonce
- Cut Her Off by KCamp feat 2Chainz
- Boss by Rick Ross, yep from 2008!
- Talk Dirty by Jason Derulo feat 2Chainz
So go ahead and get your sweat on...let me know how you feel! How do you stay active?